Table editor is now available in Edicy. Release notes for March 17, 2009Mar 17, 2009
Table editor, yet another long-awaited feature is now available for all Edicy users. Along with tables, this weeks release brings many other improvements to Edicy. For example, we've been working hard to improve usability, overall speed and performance. We fixed compatibility issues with Microsoft's upcoming Internet Explorer 8 browser and more.
Enhance your content with tables
Adding tables to your textual content is easy. Just find the table create button in text toolbar and choose the initial table size from grid.
When you click on any existing table in your text, a small additional toolbar will be displayed right next to the text editor toolbar. Here you can perform ordinary table manipulation tasks such adding or removing rows or columns.
Change table options
In table toolbar, there's also a button to access and modify hidden options of your table. Here the width, border, cellpadding and cellspacing options can be changed for table.
Click on any table cell you want to modify and within the same options dialog, the width, height and vertical alignment of table cell content can be changed.
All changes in options dialog will be affected immediately.
Other notable improvements
After we added table create button to the text editor toolbar, it now had a room for one extra button. So we decided to add Indent and Outdent buttons which are quite helpful when working with bulleted or numbered lists.
We also rebuilt the design management from the ground-up. Switching designs is now much snappier. Owners of sites with customized designs now do not have to worry about losing their designs during switching.
Another small improvement is HTML cleanup tool. Sometimes HTML code can get messy when editing it inside browser. You'll find this in HTML code editor window.
Complete release notes
- Table creating and editing features
- Added option for "Open in new window" in link editor
- New indent and outdent buttons in text editor toolbar
- New HTML cleanup tool in HTML code editor
- Added drag and drop flash movies into text areas
- Edicy is now compatible with Internet Explorer 8
- Improvements in design management
- Improved displaying files and photos in media panel
- Fixed issues with removed files in photo gallery
- Fixed small issues with video embed tool
- Fixed minor issues in designs
- Fixed issues with uploading files without extension, other minor file uploader stability improvements
We are already working on another release but you should definitely go to Edicy Uservoice account and vote up the features you think that should be completed next.